Bolts / Help Identify

Bounty: $5.00

Posted By: HelpIdentify
Listed: April 08, 2024 Ends: July 07, 2024

I'd Like to Know:

I would like to know what these are exactly, what they're used for, what they go to and who manufactures them. Thanks so much!

Item History: N/A

Size: Each bolt is approximately 3" long.

Markings: None.

Identify This

Have Something to Identify?



Those are industrial furniture screws. A pre-drilled hole is drilled and then as the product or part passes down an assembly line we would use a special type of pneumatic gun loaded with these same type of screws. They are pressed or shot in to different wood products like a staple but the other side was a different size machine shaft so a that it could be assembled during production or for reassembly upon delivery. These are used in a lot of Hidden or covered wood products. Hope that helps. They sell them at the link below.


By: alex1195

Submitted on: 08/27/2015 at 01:11PM

Thanks for your help. I need a enough information to verify your ID opinion. Could you provide a retail website with pictures or something comparable for me to verify what this is? Thank you again for your help IDing.


Those are Furniture bolts. A lot of furniture use them . they drill a hole large enough to allow the threaded end to pass through and then press the larger wood screw threads in with a press or mallet. You can find that at LOWES

References: Specialty Hardware section

By: alex1195

Submitted on: 11/09/2015 at 04:32PM

Could you show us a URL with this specific bolt? We are unable to verify a similar match.


Stud meant to be molded into a plastic automotive light housing. Very similar to ST-2010P in the bottom middle of the first link. The second link shows a more modern style.


By: Scottman24

Submitted on: 08/17/2016 at 10:52PM

Thank you for your opinion. These are definitely Steel bolts with a square nut; I just don't know what they fit. They looked similar to the ones you linked in the pdf but definitely not for plastic.